300 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING, CALIFORNIA
Our 300HR program in SAN LUIS OBISPO California guides you through a challenging, transformational process, and connects you to a vast body of knowledge passed on through a multi-generational lineage of yoga teachers with deep roots in India. Whether your aim is to build more credentials and benefit for your students, or just want a deeper, more comprehensive experience of all that yoga offers, completing our training is a great opportunity to transform the relationship you have with your practice, your teaching, and your life!
The location for our 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training is a scenic town nestled in the coastal mountains of California’s Central Coast, that’s popular among college students, surfers, mountain bikers, and wine aficionados. This region is a renown coastal getaway for visitors from other parts of California and around the world. “SLO-town” is bike & hike friendly, with a delightful mix of cafes, shops, beaches, trails, and hot springs – all very close and accessible by foot, bike, bus, or Uber. The climate is pleasant year-round, although winter can bring an occasional frost.
This Non-Residential Course meets monthly over 9 months, and provides an ideal setting for advanced students and teachers to study over an extended period that allows for the normal routines of your life. Our schedule allows for time between sessions to explore and thoroughly digest new ideas and share experiences in and out of class with a community of local & out-of-town students. Our course is designed to accommodate students from any style of yoga who have completed a 200HR Yoga Teacher Training.
MODULE 1: LEVITYoga ™ – Awakening to Lightness
- Experience a personal immersion into the physical practices and sequences of LEVITYoga™
- Document through journaling your personal intentions, goals, and real-time experiences found in consistent practice over 7-days
- Observe the essentials necessary for sustainable practice, and the subtle differences found when practicing with the principles of Gravity and Grace™
MODULE 2: Mastery of Teaching – Presence|Movement|Touch
- Revisit the role of teacher and the power of presence
- Learn how LEVITYoga and the elements of Gravity and Grace inspire movement in your practice, your sequencing, and your teaching
- Gain In-depth understanding of “intuitive alignment” and its applications in static and dynamic poses
- Build deeper powers of observation and skills how to apply touch with sensitivity while recognizing each student’s ability to receive the adjustment
MODULE 3: Ayurveda Wellness Counseling 1 – Foundation Training
- Experience a lifestyle immersion into the Ayurvedic view of life, health, and healing, which begins with the journey of healing yourself and helping those closest to you
- Learn traditional Ayurvedic principles, with hands-on client assessment and wellness management skills that are ideal for yoga teachers, teachers in training, and health care professionals
MODULE 4: Spine Mechanics – Anatomy + Functional Misconceptions
- Learn the three simple Practice Principles of LEVITYoga, which apply to any level of student, to keep your classes safe and minimize the risk of student injury.
- Study the functional anatomy of the spine and common misconceptions about its capacity for bending (forward, backward, and laterally), twisting, extension and compression
- See how the inherent shape of all poses can naturally activate what’s needed in terms of body response with a better understanding of balance and ground
MODULE 5: Therapeutic Tools – Injury Care|Prop Applications
- Learn to safely apply restorative techniques through a variety of poses and appropriate modifications.
- Discover the source of many of the common yoga-related injuries, including improper sequencing, inexperienced teacher instruction, inappropriate adjustments, and insensitivity to student limitations
- Learn to address symptoms of imbalance and the individuals natural healing forces with a variety of restorative strength and flexibility poses with the application of props
MODULE 6: Inner Teacher Revival – Advanced Practices|Mentor 1
- Discover and experience the first steps of the advanced practices of Pranayama, Pratyahara, and Samyama (Dharana, Dhyana and Samadhi)
- Master the subtle qualities of breathing and establish a regular pranayama practice while learning how to teach pranayama to your students
- Learn how to sit comfortably and cultivate deep inner stillness, the primary component for the radiant mind necessary for Pratyahara and Samyama
- Work one-on-one with an advanced teacher to discover your authentic inner voice, as an inspiration for your practice and your teaching
MODULE 7: Ayurveda Wellness Counseling 2 – Advanced Training
- Learn and develop hands-on skill with constitutional (Prakriti) and conditional (Vikriti) dosha assessment, pulse and tongue analysis, tissue analysis, Ayurveda nutritional therapy, cleanse management, traditional herbology, oil therapies, lifestyle counseling, subtle therapies, Ayurveda in asana practice, client rapport, Ayurveda psychology, and business management
- Satisfy pre-requisites for gaining Ayurvedic Wellness Counselor credentials with all of the skills and capacities of a non-clinical Ayurvedic practitioner
MODULE 8: Stepping Up Your Poses – Intermediate and Advanced Asana
- Learn the building blocks and preparatory practices that will lead you towards a gradual mastery of more advanced poses, including compound Standing Poses, Backbends, Inversions, Forward Bends, Arm Balances, and Twists
- Break-down the key pieces of simple poses that hold the keys to more advanced poses and variations
MODULE 9: Teaching Tune-up – Real-time Evaluation|Mentor 2
- Re-energize your professional skills with real-time practice teaching sessions supported by your community of peers and teacher mentors
- Tune-up your powers of observation, curiosity and creativity that first inspired your decision to teach, guiding you further along your teaching path
BOOKS & MATERIALS
A Training Manual will be provided. There are eighteen (18) Required Books and other Recommended Books for each Module, which students will need to purchase or borrow separately.
TUITION Register early and SAVE!
Register and pay-in-full by OCT 3, 2017
DISCOUNT PRICE = $4,100
(requires $525 non-refundable deposit with application, and remaining balance paid by 10/3/17).
Register and pay-in-full after OCT 3, 2017
REGULAR PRICE = $4,400
(requires $525 non-refundable deposit with application, and remaining balance paid by 10/14/17).
- Price does not include accommodation
- Payment Plans and a limited number of Scholarships are available. Please inquire at info@LEVITYoga.com
- BONUS – Tuition includes unlimited yoga classes at the Yoga Center in San Luis Obispo for the duration of training, which starts as soon as you sign up.
- REGISTER NOW for the Levity Yoga 300 Hour Teacher Training and enjoy access to free classes immediately!
- Withdrawal or Dismissal (before the Training begins) – Students will forfeit the Non-Refundable Deposit, and receive a full refund of their Tuition balance paid if we receive a written Notice of Cancellation before the Training begins.
- Withdrawal or Dismissal (after the Training begins) – if you withdraw or are dismissed from the training once the Program begins, there will be no refunds.
- Refunds – Payments for refunds will be made within 30 days from receipt of the written Notice of Cancellation, or within 30 days after the effective date of dismissal from the Program. If you withdraw or are dismissed from the Program with any outstanding balances due after the Program begins, you are obligated to pay full tuition for the entire Program.