200 HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING IN CALIFORNIA
Our 200HR Yoga Teacher Training program in SAN LUIS OBISPO California guides you through a challenging, transformational process. The program connects you to a vast body of knowledge passed on through a multi-generational lineage of yoga teachers with deep roots in India. Whether you desire to be a yoga teacher or just want a deeper, more comprehensive experience of all that yoga offers, completing our yoga teacher training is a great opportunity to transform the relationship you have with your practice, and your life!
The location for the training is San Luis Obispo, a scenic town nestled in the coastal mountains of California’s Central Coast. This place is popular among college students, surfers, mountain bikers, wine aficionados, and as a coastal getaway for visitors from other parts of California and around the world. “SLO’s” pristine environment is bike & hike friendly, with a delightful mix of cafes, shops, beaches, trails, and hot springs – all very close and accessible by foot, bike, bus, Uber, or car rental. The climate is pleasant year-round, although winter can bring an occasional frost.
This Non-Residential Yoga Teacher Training meets monthly over 6 months, and provides an ideal setting for study over an extended time frame, that allows for the normal routines of your life. Our schedule allows for time between sessions to explore and thoroughly digest new ideas and share experiences in and out of class with a community of local & out-of-town students. Instruction accommodates students from any style of yoga, with a minimum of 1-year experience practicing yoga regularly.
MODULE 1: Yoga History|Principles|Practicum
- Learn the origins of Yoga, and its historical development up to the present
- Attain a thorough understanding of the lineage and principles of LEVITYoga™ and the elements of Gravity & Grace, a fun and intuitive approach to yoga that applies to any level of student or style of yoga
- Experience a deeper quality of personal practice, incorporating precise physical and subtle body cues, covering 80+ asana, that serve as the primary foundation for teaching yoga creatively
- Feel and embody the relationship between lightness of heart and our natural power to heal
MODULE 2: Pranayama|Basic Yoga Sutras & Sanskrit
- Explore the subtle and physical components of breathing through 7 fundamental practices of pranayama (Ujjayi, Kapalabhati, Bastrika, Sitali, Viloma, Kumbhaka, and Nadi Shodhana)
- Gain the knowledge of the effects proper breathing has on our nervous and immune systems to insure optimum health – physically and psychologically
- Learn the basics of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, including the Eight Limbs, with a preliminary introduction to the sacred language of Sanskrit, including the alphabet, basic grammatical rules and most of the common terms found in yoga classes (pose and animal names, body parts, directions/positions, numbers, and other general terms)
MODULE 3: Yoga Styles|Choreography|Cues|Adjustments & Props
- Learn to create and teach with safe, effective and intuitive class choreography from LEVITYoga’s 3-part system using unique Opening, Dynamic, and Closing Sequences
- Build up time practicing and teaching to establish a strong relationship between how you practice and how you teach, gaining the confidence you need as a yoga teacher
- Discover your own voice to develop unique cues sourced from your own practice and experience, with the ability to teach based on the energy and needs of the class
- Master the art of adjusting through hands-on practice, with real-time feedback from an experienced teacher and fellow students
- Experience and assist the use of various yoga props that support the therapeutic benefits of asana and restorative yoga
MODULE 4: Yoga Psychology|Physical & Subtle Anatomy|Ayurveda
- Learn effective practices that Yoga Psychology offers to free us from mental and emotional limitations, embrace our truth, be present in every moment, resolve inner and outer conflict, heal relationships, and grow more authentically on the yogic path as practitioners and as teachers
- Experience a visual and tactile approach to Physical Anatomy that is intuitive and fun, while gaining knowledge of its structural, functional and dynamic components essential to the practice and teaching of yoga
- Access Subtle (Pranic) Anatomy first hand through combined lecture, meditation, visualization, and self-massage that provides take away tools for growth, wellness, and a radiant life
- Experience the self-care and lifestyle practices Ayurveda promotes for conscious food preparation and eating, cleansing, and tools for rejuvenation
MODULE 5: Business Tools|Teacher Ethics|Peer Teaching & Review
- Understand the role of teacher and the necessary requirements to be a yoga professional, including the basics of marketing, successful business planning, studio management, and teacher ethics
- Gain real-time experience practice teaching, with personal sessions filmed as a learning tool on your mobile device, followed by instructor evaluation and peer review
BOOKS & MATERIALS
A Training Manual will be provided. There are eighteen (18) Required Books and other Recommended Books for each Module, which students will need to purchase or borrow separately.
TUITION Register early and SAVE!
Register and pay-in-full by DEC 19, 2017
DISCOUNT PRICE = $3,100
(requires $525 non-refundable deposit with application, and remaining balance paid by 12/19/17).
Register and pay-in-full after DEC 19, 2017
REGULAR PRICE = $3,400
(requires $525 non-refundable deposit with application, and remaining balance paid by 1/19/18).
- Price does not include accommodation
- Payment Plans and a limited number of Scholarships are available. Please inquire at info@LEVITYoga.com
- Tuition also includes unlimited yoga classes at mBODY Yoga in San Luis Obispo for the duration of training, which starts as soon as you sign up.
- REGISTER NOW and enjoy access to free classes immediately!
- Withdrawal or Dismissal (before the Training begins) – Students will forfeit the Non-Refundable Deposit, and receive a full refund of their Tuition balance paid if we receive a written Notice of Cancellation before the Training begins.
- Withdrawal or Dismissal (after the Training begins) – if you withdraw or are dismissed from the training once the Program begins, there will be no refunds.
- Refunds – Payments for refunds will be made within 30 days from receipt of the written Notice of Cancellation, or within 30 days after the effective date of dismissal from the Program. If you withdraw or are dismissed from the Program with any outstanding balances due after the Program begins, you are obligated to pay full tuition for the entire Program.